cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Broker to ServiceNow Connection Stopped Working

A customer that we did an App Broker implementation for earlier this year is now experiencing difficulties with ServiceNow. Once a software request is submitted from SN, the workflow begins on that side, but when it reaches out to App Broker to validate the user data the workflow cannot connect the two and fails, ending the workflow. I've gone through their systems to do a check on pre-requisites and settings and everything looks normal so far, except there is a service on the App Portal server that is not running that might be related to the issue.  The service is called "Server_MidServerFLEXprod" and we cannot seem to get the service started. I can't seem to find anything about this service in documentation so far. Can someone confirm that this could be the issue or if we are looking in the wrong direction here?

(1) Solution

If you log into the ServiceNow instance as an admin and navigate to the Flexera Software App Portal application, you'll find the REST endpoints that were configured to enable the integration.  Open one of the REST endpoints and look at which MID server they are configured to use.  Then open that MID server record to see the status of that MID server.  If that MID server is reporting issues (i.e. offline), that is at least one of your problems.  I would agree with Charlie's guess that the production MID server is offline because that service isn't running.  I don't know if ServiceNow allows you to have multiple MID server processes installed/running on the same server, but I would guess not, and I'm not sure why you would want to.  If you're not using an existing MID server in the environment, I would think you would just install the DEV MID server on the DEV App Broker server and install the PROD MID server on the PROD App Broker server.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran
This is not an App Portal service.. With that being said, "MidServerFLEXProd" sounds suspiciously like the name that you might choose for the ServiceNow Mid server. If this is indeed the Mid server, and if it is not running, then this could indeed cause the issues you describe.
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran
Pure speculation on my part, but I notice that you have a couple of services defined with similar names. If they are running under the same ports, then you would only be able to start a single instance of the service at a given time.. Not sure if you are working with prod or test, but currently the test service is running.

If you log into the ServiceNow instance as an admin and navigate to the Flexera Software App Portal application, you'll find the REST endpoints that were configured to enable the integration.  Open one of the REST endpoints and look at which MID server they are configured to use.  Then open that MID server record to see the status of that MID server.  If that MID server is reporting issues (i.e. offline), that is at least one of your problems.  I would agree with Charlie's guess that the production MID server is offline because that service isn't running.  I don't know if ServiceNow allows you to have multiple MID server processes installed/running on the same server, but I would guess not, and I'm not sure why you would want to.  If you're not using an existing MID server in the environment, I would think you would just install the DEV MID server on the DEV App Broker server and install the PROD MID server on the PROD App Broker server.

Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".