cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Broker and SaaS Manager license check through FNMS?

If a customer has App Broker, FNMS and SaaS Manager all cloud editions, and SaaS Manager is feeding data to FNMS, will App Broker be able to create a catalog item and perform a license check for SaaS Applications that are loaded into FNMS?

Thanks!

Mel

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

For App Broker to be able to perform a license check in FlexNet Manager Suite, the license record in FlexNet Manager Suite must be linked to an application that the App Broker catalog item references. License records created in FlexNet Manager Suite based on data imported from Flexera SaaS Manager don't generally have an application record associated with them as for SaaS applications no software components are typically installed on computers in the organization. Because of this, you won't be able to naturally identify any FlexNet Manager Suite application on the App Broker catalog item in order to enable a license check to be performed.

With that said, there are a couple of things to consider which may help get further:

1. Office 365 licenses created in FlexNet Manager Suite from Flexera SaaS Manager data are typically linked to applications, so you can tie an App Broker catalog item to those applications as appropriate.
  2. Despite licenses created from Flexera SaaS Manager data not being linked to applications automatically, I don't see any reason why you couldn't create an application record, manually link it to a license, and then configure your App Broker catalog item to point to that license. In doing so, I think this will allow a license check to be performed.

If you get a chance to try this (#2) out, let us know if it works as it may be a useful technique for others to use too!

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)