cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

repackaging installshield to Msi

Hi,

As an administrator, I'd like to upgrade Installshield installs to Msi in order to have a progress bar and that my deployment tool (zenworks) be aware that the install is in progress (if I use Iss files it just launches the install and does not pay attention to the rest, which means I cannot chain installations because all installs would launch at the same moment)

Is there a way to repackage an installshield installation without having to make 'snapshots' before and after the installation ?
I'm able to do snapshots with zenworks but it's not 'good enough' when you have 150 apps. Is there a tool that would allow to take the installshied package and get the msi by just migrating it ?

Thanks for any help;

Brgds,

Bruno
(2) Replies
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Bruno
We recommend you to download the AdminStudio 3.5 beta and use our new InstallMonitor technology to repackage your applications. It is faster and more accurate than snapshot technology. Also, we have a wizard to directly import ZENworks, SMS, and WinINSTALL packages into MSI format. You can register for Beta software at http://www.installshield.com/beta/adminstudio/3.5 and you will get instructions to download. We will look forward for your comments.

Ali Hashmi
Program Manager - InstallShield AdminStudio
Thanks a lot about the info. I downloaded it allready and will test
this right now. I'll let you know.

Brgds,

bruno