cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package Feed Module and Intune

Is there any integration or workflow that can be setup that can pull data from Discovered Apps from Intune, reference Package Feed Module and populate out a list of Apps from the Package Feed Module? -- I was also trying to find information on how to auto-assign groups for new packages in AdminStudio instead of uploading the intune packages and then having to manually assign them to groups in another way. Anyone able to find any reference for either or both of these?

(1) Solution

Hi @mblythe_miso 

AdminStudio does not directly pull from Intune Discovered Apps list as a source to populate the Backlog to reference against the Package Feed Module, though that's a good idea for a future enhancement*.

However, what you can do today is export the Discovered Apps list from Intune, which results in a compressed .CSV file. AdminStudio supports importing .CSV files to add a list of multiple applications to the Backlog. You'd first extract the .CSV file from the .ZIP file, browse to the file, select the correct mapping of the relevant fields in the .CSV to the corresponding fields that AdminStudio uses to populate new rows in the Backlog (i.e., Product Name, Product Vendor [optional], Product Version [optional], Priority [optional]) and then it will use those fields in the created Backlog row to search against the contents of the Package Feed. More info on this import process here.

*Feel free to submit this and any other suggestions to us via our Ideas page for AdminStudio here.

Expert Flexeran on AdminStudio, Workflow Manager, and Software Vulnerability Manager / Research
If I've answered your question, please mark my response as "Accept as Solution" to help others find answers. Thanks!

View solution in original post

(1) Reply

Hi @mblythe_miso 

AdminStudio does not directly pull from Intune Discovered Apps list as a source to populate the Backlog to reference against the Package Feed Module, though that's a good idea for a future enhancement*.

However, what you can do today is export the Discovered Apps list from Intune, which results in a compressed .CSV file. AdminStudio supports importing .CSV files to add a list of multiple applications to the Backlog. You'd first extract the .CSV file from the .ZIP file, browse to the file, select the correct mapping of the relevant fields in the .CSV to the corresponding fields that AdminStudio uses to populate new rows in the Backlog (i.e., Product Name, Product Vendor [optional], Product Version [optional], Priority [optional]) and then it will use those fields in the created Backlog row to search against the contents of the Package Feed. More info on this import process here.

*Feel free to submit this and any other suggestions to us via our Ideas page for AdminStudio here.

Expert Flexeran on AdminStudio, Workflow Manager, and Software Vulnerability Manager / Research
If I've answered your question, please mark my response as "Accept as Solution" to help others find answers. Thanks!