Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file and shortcut not created when MSI package is distributed to workstation

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Hi

I use AdminStudio 3.5 Tuner to create a transform for a Citrix ICA Client installation MSI. In the transform, I add a file to the target system's Program file\Citrix folder and then create a shortcut to the added file in the ALL USER\Start Menu\Programs. The Tunner created a CAB file that contains the added file.

The transform works fine if I run the MSI install locally at the machine. However, when I send the MSI, MST and the CAB file to the same workstation thru software distribution and have it ran, Citrix ICA Client still install correctly, but the file that I want to add is not copied and the shortcut for that file is not created in the Start menu.

I checked the MSI installation log file, there is no error related to that file. In fact, there is no mention of that file name in the whole installation log.

Any help is appreciated.

Thks.
(2) Replies
You need to make sure that the transform was applied by the distribution system. You can verify this in the log file.

Please make sure that the following command line is used when deploying the transform:

msiexec /i TRANSFORMS=
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Hi

I checked the MSI installation log and I can see that it applied the transform, but the changes that the transform made did not take effect in the installation.

I have attached the MSI installation log.

Thanks a lot.