cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

path variables names and paths.

This is related to the other post..but.I think i now what the problem is and frankly it sucks. If the project is the same name as part of the install path I.E the project is called babylon and it installs to d:\babylon then it prints the path, and...

Replacing Components with available Merge Modules

I am using IS Developer 7.04, and originally posted this to the IS Developer forum. But another user suggested I post it here, in the hopes of finding more repackager users.I am trying to use Repackager to simplify installation of SAPI4 (MS Speech A...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft Visual Studio .NET

Has anyone had any luck configuring an application such as MS Visual Studio .NET? I've found that I'm unable to write transforms for .NET ... when I try I get back an error that I have to run setup.exe in order to install the product (same thing for...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configurable Merge Module ie..Access 97

I have a managed applicaion, Access 97 sr1 already distributed to 100 users. Is the Access 97 configurable Merge Module included with Admin Studio 3.5 the sr2 update to Access 97?If so what is the best way to apply the module. I added the module to t...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nested Installation Custom Action

I am trying to launch a MSI within another MSI. I keep getting a "1723 - internal error" message. I have the MSI placed to launch after the InstallFinal custom action. I have tried both including the binary stream and also including it within my f...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Optional Registry Update

My installation requires update different registry keys based on certain condition. I used to do it using InstallShield Professional. Now, I switched to InstallShield AdminStudio, can I still do it? Basic MSI project or Standard project?Thanks

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

PDF Problem

Hi All,I used Admin Studio to create a transform for a third party application. The transform works fine, I also generated a Package Definition File. The commandline in the PDF file appears to be wrong, this is what I got...msiexec /i /q INSTALL.MSI ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Workflow Template Designer

HiI am using the Workflows in AdminStudio 3.5 to help define the packaging processes for my users.Every workflow has a wizard when it starts. Many of my workflows do not have any data that is relevant for the wizard.Can I switch the wizard off?looeee

looeee by Level 8
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos