cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

path variables names and paths.

This is related to the other post..but.

I think i now what the problem is and frankly it sucks. If the project is the same name as part of the install path I.E the project is called babylon and it installs to d:\babylon then it prints the path, and then takes the babylon from the path as a variable as well and then hard codes that into the path so it becomes d:\babylon\babylon as the default install is also called babylon..not sure exactly what is going on but this is heftig(erm do not know english for this)

Clarify

project called babylon creates an install path variable called _babylon.

I then install it to d:\babylon. it then takes the variable (because i have called it in the path????) and adds it to the end. If a techy reads this please let me know what i can do about it!!!

okay i have changed the source file path from d:\installshield\babylon\ to d:\installshield\babypro and edited the inc + nir files accordingly because i thought it might be the developer writing the variable where babylon is stated. no joy.
have put everything back to normal.

Error: -6103: Could not find file "D:\installshield\Babylon\input\BABYLON\INPUT\BABYLON\Babylon.exe" where is it getting the capital from?? I have changed the variable sourcefilepath to just d:\installshield and now it cant find D:\installshield\Babylon\Babylon.exe HHHEEELLLPPPP...
(3) Replies
I have posted this as a reply..looks cleaner.

OK I have isolated the problem. But i cannot fix it.

My variable SOURCEFILEPATH created during the converison wizard is set to d:\installshield\Babylon\input because thats where the inc file is.

In the Developer envinroment when i check the file properties of any file, in setup design they are linked to

\BABYLON\INPUT\BABYLON

how did it get this last path?? and why more to the point. I tried editing the SOURCEFILEPATH to d: which should the generate the error for d:\BABYLON\INPUT\BABYLON because that doesn't exist either. BBBUUTTT now i have

Error: -6103: Could not find file "D:\WINDOWSFOLDER\uninstbb.exe

because I also have components in the same feature for the windows folder and this variable has been created perfectly.
\WINDOWSFOLDER

Can anyone clear this up for me?
Can u send the unmodified INC file and options.ini. I 'll have a look at it.
not really i deleted them. I spoke to another guy from installshield and he told me not to use envinroment vars. under XP. This worked, but now i have the problem of no cross platform installers....my customers have non standard %programfiles% directories, so i need env. vars.