cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing dlls from repackaged files

ISDEV : error -1024: The source file "msrating.dll" for Icon Icon_msrating.dll does not exist.

it does and it is there in the correct dir? any ideas what i am doing wrong? the msrating.dll is definately there, although it is called msrating.dll_com (i assume this is not important) in the component list. also what the hell exactly is icon_msrating.dll and where do i check it?

ISDEV : error -1024: The source file "msrating.dll" for Icon Icon_msrating.dll does not exist.
ISDEV : error -1024: The source file "msrating.dll" for Icon Icon_msrating1.dll does not exist.
ISDEV : error -1024: The source file "dxmasf.dll" for Icon Icon_dxmasf2.dll does not exist.
ISDEV : error -1024: The source file "dxmasf.dll" for Icon Icon_dxmasf1.dll does not exist.
ISDEV : error -1024: The source file "dxmasf.dll" for Icon Icon_dxmasf1.dll does not exist.
ISDEV : error -1024: The source file "dxmasf.dll" for Icon Icon_dxmasf2.dll does not exist.
ISDEV : error -1024: The source file "dxmasf.dll" for Icon Icon_dxmasf.dll does not exist.

why are the files versioned? the file dxmasf.dll exists but the dxmasf1 and 2 don't. how can i change the values for the icon_dxmasf2.dll?
(1) Reply
Few suggestions :

1 In the .ism file make sure the path to the files msrating.dll and dxmasf.dll in the ISBuildSourcePath column of the Icon table matches these files actualy present under that location. Or Go to the shortcuts for the components of these files and see if the Icon File property has has valid path and exist on your machine.

2 Another possibility is that their may be no icons associated with files msrating.dll and dxmasf.dll. To associate different valid icons, Go to the shortcuts view for the components of these files and double click on the Icon File property value and browse to see if their any icons. Associate any icons if their are any. If not then you may want to get rid of those shortcuts. That may fix these errors.

Hope that helps.