cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installshield 5.5 error

Hi All
I have created a MSI Package containing set of vb dlls, the installation went successful, but when i invokes the appication, it displays me an error in windows eventviewer as error-32797, can not create object.

but, building the same package from different machine and after installing it to the same machine run perfectly fine, this looks like a machine specific problem, and i have doubt is there anything wrong with my machine.

i am using installshield adminstudio5, the application uses builtin merge modules for msxml, ms ole2 for winnt and win95, soap, type library merge module.

please let me know the cause and solution
(4) Replies
You have failed to completly capture the setup intent. Your application has a dependency on some ActiveX dll that is missing in your install. You can try recapturing on a clean machine or running dependency scanners to identify the missing resource.
Thanks for the reply christopher,
well i am having a doubt on Installshield's OLEAUT32.MSM Merge Module....
on my machine i couldn't find stdole.tlb file in c:\winnt\system32, but stdole32.tlb and stole2.tlb is present, could this cause any problem?
Perhaps. Try copying the file to your machine and use regsvr32 to register it.

Do you have any time of system such as RIS/Ghost/VMWare to manage your test environment?
yes, we are using VMWARE for our test environment,