cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

repackaging an exe file

I have many exe files (not setup.exe) files that I'd like to repackage and eventually deploy silently.Any suggestions.For setup.exe files, I have been deploying with a .iss file. Can AdminStudio help me deploy setup.exe files or any .exe files for t...

turidru by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can not create .ism with Installshield Repackager

Repackager will not convert the .irp file that was created with a snapshot into a .ism file. When you click on the build button, it gets to Thursday, October 20, 2005 01:57:37PMStarting conversionCreating Developer project: Q:\MSI\SQL Loader V9i\S...

Vendor Registration Help using a Transform

I have a vendor MSI that I'm trying to modify using a Transform. My problem is I don't want the vendor registration form to show up for the user to fill out when they launch the application. Can someone tell me how do I modify this in the Package usi...

somookc by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

New and confused

Hi i have just been given Admin Studio 6 (As part of Zen Works 6.5) and asked to package crystal reports 10. I opened the msi in installshield tuner and have figured out most things, but I cannot finr where you add the key code. We run silent install...

Repackaging Wizard - Shortcut Problems

Newbie question! I'm using AdminStudio 6 SMS Edition (free download). This has a subset of the full tools. I want to create an MSI package to install a very simple application. To install the app, all that is needed is to copy a couple of Access MDB ...

F_Ninja by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Windows 2000 to Windows XP

Hello!In Windows 2000 the default Path Variables WindowsFolder is defined to C:\WINNT.Now, in Windows XP is different. I need change C:\WINNT to C:\Windows.I have many MSI's that I need change this configuration.How I can change this configuration pa...

App will not show up in Add/Remove

Hello. I have this msi that will not show up in Add/Remove programs. Originally it had ARPSYSTEMCOMPONENT=1, i got rid of it, but it still does not show up in Add/Remove. Where should i look what could be causing this app not to show up.Thanks

dynamox by Level 6
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installscript merge module?

I am looking for a installscript merge module for isscript version 8.1.0.293, is there a list of available installscript merge modules? Optionally can I built a merge module of the original isscript.msi? It has to be this exact version because the or...

Create self-extracting .EXE from a .MSI file?

I'd think there's a way to do this, but AdminStudio is a bit confusing as to WHERE/HOW to do this:I've got ONE .MSI fileI've made a response transform (.MST) for it.Now, I want to "package" BOTH files into a self-running .EXE file so that all the use...

kjhurni by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos