cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repackaging Wizard - Shortcut Problems

Newbie question! I'm using AdminStudio 6 SMS Edition (free download). This has a subset of the full tools. I want to create an MSI package to install a very simple application. To install the app, all that is needed is to copy a couple of Access MDB Database files and 3 shortcuts to the user's PC. I used the Repackaging Wizard in Snapshot (Multiple) Mode. The snapshotting went fine, I just manually copied the files to their correct locations, but when I tried to build the MSI file I had 3 warnings, each related to the shortcuts not being advertised. As a workaround, I found that if I excluded all the shortcuts the MSI built fine.

How do I get the MSI package to build and include these shortcuts?

The only tools available in this SMS Edition of AdminStudio are the Repackager, Tuner and Distribution Wizard. I've read the online help but it says I need to edit the Shortcuts table - how do I do this?

Any advice much appreciated, I'm sure it's something simple I need to do.
(1) Reply
I found the solution buried in the following KB article:

HOTFIX: Building in Repackager Leads to Unknown Error
Document ID: Q111248

When I replaced the file mentioned in this KB article, my MSI was created with no problems! Hooray!

It's just a shame it was so hard to find this KB! Note that I wasn't getting an "unknown error", I just had warnings about the unadvertised shortcuts.