cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Tuner: Add HKCU reg to all users via a .mst-file

I'm trying to create an .mst-file for a .msi-file with the Installshield Tuner (V 6.1). Everything works fine, except a particular value for HKCU won't be set. The value appears in the registry only for the user, which perfomed the installation. But ...

cWinni by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Major upgrade problem - DIRPROPERTY1 .

The problem is that I need to roll out a major update to the Documentum Desktop Client app. but the existing installed version contains the DIRPROPERTY1 error in the Directory table and as such when uninstalling via GPO produces the error:'Error 1606...

paul_e by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to call a script of a VB CA in other VB CA

Hi,I want to know if it's possible to call a vbscript that is in CA from another VBscript CA?There is my problem:Script 1:Class MyClassPublic Sub fonc1()...End Sub......End ClassScript 2:In my script 2 I want to call the MyClass Class (like i have a ...

OMSTEF by Level 6
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Storing office location in a property (newbie)

My repackaged application needs to copy files into sub-folders of office.I think the best way to do that is to set a property with the location of Microsoft office.Do I need to write a custom action that checks for Microsoft office location or is it ...

What product do I need?

Hi I am a bit confused on what eval I should download.I would like to create msi packages from exe. I would like the program to record my answers and package it up in a msi for Active directory deployement.Should I downloadInstall shieldAdminstudioIn...

Exception encountered

Hello,I need to do an alteration in a file of a MSI done already.I need of in a file activate the option "Always Overwritte".To do this alteration I open MSI in the Editor of AdminStudio 6 Tools, and the file that I want to do that alteration meets i...

access_violation when editing an msi file

Short StoryI am trying to change the properties on a dll file that is part of an msi install file I generated with repackager. If I change the version override it crashes with an access_violation when I hit the OK button. (details at end)Long StoryI ...

calref by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

ICE43 Errors

Can someone please explain to me why a non-advertised shortcut must have a HKCU key path? What is the worst that can happen if you break this rule?Thanks.

Oracle 92 client ICE30 errors

I repackaged the oracle 92 client, first I installed the client then I applied patch 9.06. When I validate the MSI that was built I receive 835 of the following errors, there were also alot of ICE03 errors which I already fixed:Installation of compon...

Creating an MSI of WinZip 8.0

Okay, this has finally driven me to madness... I am using Macrovision's AdminStudio 7.0 to try and repackage our corporate copy of WinZip 8.0. I've read in several places that this should be a relatively easy repackaging project, but a couple things ...