cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow and reporting

Hi,
I have been creating workflow templates with AdminStudio. From these templates, I have created some projects to be able to "check off" my activities as they were done.
All these things are neat, except for reporting ...
Have any of you experienced creating reports from an MDB that contains projects? Is there a "recipe" somewhere that would help me to create reports?
Thanks
JM
(3) Replies
Are you looking for reporting inside the Reporting capabilities of AdminStudio, OR are you looking for some 'external' reporting directly from the Access file (MDB)?.

Currently we do not have the templates/projects data in reporting under AdminStudio.
Hi GogiGrewal,
I knew that reporting was not supported from within AdminStudio so I am trying to do it with Access.
What I would like is to be able to print a project workflow like it appears in the AdminStudio interface.
For Q&A, I need to be able to provide a report stating that all the packaging steps have been completed with success for projects. I find that the AS Workflow capabilities are perfect to do that ... except that there is no way to print them ....
I would need a query that would associate one specific project workflow with all the tasks in that project and the completion statut (check/uncheck).
I am sure it is possible to achieve that but I find the tables names and fields kinda cryptic and hard to decipher ....
Maybe a documentation on the database tables would be enough for what I am trying to achieve.
Regards
Your tables of interest would be:

wftblUserWorkFlows
wftblWorkFlowTasks

wftblTemplates
wftblTemplateTasks

Both the set of above tables have cyclic/referential data to itself. The reference to sub-tasks is controlled by the 'Children' column.

You should be able to figure out the relation once you see the data in the above tables.

HTH