cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Urgent help please - Deploying to a networked drive

I'd like to thank you all upfront for any help that you could provide.What I am trying to do is deploy a set of files to our 140 odd schools. The files should be deployed to O:\ which is a mapping that we ask all the schools to have to make our life ...

cadams by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installation of Flexnet AdminStudio 7

What is the best method of install the Flexnet AdminStudio 7 pro edition? Is it ok to install on vmware sessions? I have about 170 applications to package to prepare for our Windows XP migration and I have setup about 4 different WinXP vmware session...

jpaige by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dreamweaver 8 Repackaging Problem

Hi Everyone, I'm new to this repackaging stuff so please go easy I have had some success in creating packages but am currently having problems repackaging Macromedia Dreamweaver 8. I am using the repacking wizard from Admin Studio 6 Pro Edition ma...

Registration is major pain in the *ss

We have bought the software like two weeks ago. So we read the manual - registered the software first (as requested it on the flyer that was with it) and the installed the software and then try to activate it through the internet - and it tells me : ...

Custom Action Return Code

I created a custom action (called Permissions) in my package which modifies the ACL on the installation directory of the application.I logged the installation of the package and found the following:MSI (s) (D8:EC) [10:59:30:172]: Doing action: Permis...

Application Catalog Database

I would like to use Microsoft SQL Express for the Application Catalog.Has anyone used this version of SQL for the Application Catalog database?BD

Simple way to get GUIDs?

I'm looking for a way to export or collect all of the GUIDs Package, Product, Ugrade that are in the MSI's I have. Is there a tool in Admin Studio that can do that? or does anyone know of a command line program that can?Thank you in advance.

URGENT - security.config

1. Windows\Profiles\Application Data\Microsoft\CLR Security Config\v1.0.3705\security.config 2. WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\CONFIG\security.config.cch & enterprisesec.config.cch The Above Files are getting Captured, Should I retain thes...

ICE38 - Should it be fixed ?

I have a package that has some ICE38 errors, I understand what they are but not sure I really want to resolve them. Heres the scenario:User installs app and in doing so has some folders created under their personal data folder. If I fix the ICE38 err...

Pugster by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error: MSI setups should not be typically repackaged.

Hi I am trying to use the repackager in admin studio 7. I am trying to package up JR2E 1.4.06.exe however I am getting a message"The current setup is an MSI. MSI setups should not typically be repackaged, instead you should use a transform file"I tri...