cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Exception encountered

Hello,I need to do an alteration in a file of a MSI done already.I need of in a file activate the option "Always Overwritte".To do this alteration I open MSI in the Editor of AdminStudio 6 Tools, and the file that I want to do that alteration meets i...

access_violation when editing an msi file

Short StoryI am trying to change the properties on a dll file that is part of an msi install file I generated with repackager. If I change the version override it crashes with an access_violation when I hit the OK button. (details at end)Long StoryI ...

calref by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

ICE43 Errors

Can someone please explain to me why a non-advertised shortcut must have a HKCU key path? What is the worst that can happen if you break this rule?Thanks.

Oracle 92 client ICE30 errors

I repackaged the oracle 92 client, first I installed the client then I applied patch 9.06. When I validate the MSI that was built I receive 835 of the following errors, there were also alot of ICE03 errors which I already fixed:Installation of compon...

Creating an MSI of WinZip 8.0

Okay, this has finally driven me to madness... I am using Macrovision's AdminStudio 7.0 to try and repackage our corporate copy of WinZip 8.0. I've read in several places that this should be a relatively easy repackaging project, but a couple things ...

repackaging an exe file

I have many exe files (not setup.exe) files that I'd like to repackage and eventually deploy silently.Any suggestions.For setup.exe files, I have been deploying with a .iss file. Can AdminStudio help me deploy setup.exe files or any .exe files for t...

turidru by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can not create .ism with Installshield Repackager

Repackager will not convert the .irp file that was created with a snapshot into a .ism file. When you click on the build button, it gets to Thursday, October 20, 2005 01:57:37PMStarting conversionCreating Developer project: Q:\MSI\SQL Loader V9i\S...

Vendor Registration Help using a Transform

I have a vendor MSI that I'm trying to modify using a Transform. My problem is I don't want the vendor registration form to show up for the user to fill out when they launch the application. Can someone tell me how do I modify this in the Package usi...

somookc by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

New and confused

Hi i have just been given Admin Studio 6 (As part of Zen Works 6.5) and asked to package crystal reports 10. I opened the msi in installshield tuner and have figured out most things, but I cannot finr where you add the key code. We run silent install...

Repackaging Wizard - Shortcut Problems

Newbie question! I'm using AdminStudio 6 SMS Edition (free download). This has a subset of the full tools. I want to create an MSI package to install a very simple application. To install the app, all that is needed is to copy a couple of Access MDB ...

F_Ninja by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos