cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICE38 - Should it be fixed ?

I have a package that has some ICE38 errors, I understand what they are but not sure I really want to resolve them. Heres the scenario:
User installs app and in doing so has some folders created under their personal data folder. If I fix the ICE38 errors with some key path entries in HKCU then these also get added.
User a while later thinks "I know, I'll clean up my personal folder" and in doing so deletes the folder that got created with the original app install.
User then starts app again which doesnt work as the personal folders have been deleted but it also doesnt self repair as the user would have no way of knowing and wouldnt in the first place anyway of deleting the key path entries under their HKCU key.
Surely the better idea is to have key files in the personal folders thus the app self repairing if these get deleted but this then throws ICE38's :confused:
Anyone got any other solutions ?

Thanks
Pugster
(1) Reply
I would also like to know the purpose of this rule. I can't see that it does anything useful. I looked at Microsoft's documentation and couldn't find any good explanation for it. It just says that it should be like this :confused: