cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Directories missing from msi

I'm new to admin studio and i'm trying to use repackager and snapshot to repackage lecacy apps as msi'smy app contains directoies with the same name but in different paths within in.i.ec:\program files\abc\3dand c:\program files\xyz\3dandc:\program ...

covpaul by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Repackaging - Combine 2 captures in to one MSI

Hi,I have 2 captures that should be repackaged in to one MSI (a basic features install and a full featured install). What is the recommended way of merging thee 2 captures.The help files refer to a merge wizard but I cannot find how to access it.I a...

Arran_ by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Errors in commercial msi ?

I'm new to adminstudio and want to learn the use of conflict solver.Before validating my own repackaged application, I tried to run the validator with a third-party msi. I choosed to validate Microsoft frontpage 2002. I was really surprised that the ...

Question

I'm looking for a script which will install a file at runtime so that we can findout when that particular application was installed -skj

Urgent help please - Deploying to a networked drive

I'd like to thank you all upfront for any help that you could provide.What I am trying to do is deploy a set of files to our 140 odd schools. The files should be deployed to O:\ which is a mapping that we ask all the schools to have to make our life ...

cadams by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installation of Flexnet AdminStudio 7

What is the best method of install the Flexnet AdminStudio 7 pro edition? Is it ok to install on vmware sessions? I have about 170 applications to package to prepare for our Windows XP migration and I have setup about 4 different WinXP vmware session...

jpaige by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dreamweaver 8 Repackaging Problem

Hi Everyone, I'm new to this repackaging stuff so please go easy I have had some success in creating packages but am currently having problems repackaging Macromedia Dreamweaver 8. I am using the repacking wizard from Admin Studio 6 Pro Edition ma...

Registration is major pain in the *ss

We have bought the software like two weeks ago. So we read the manual - registered the software first (as requested it on the flyer that was with it) and the installed the software and then try to activate it through the internet - and it tells me : ...

Custom Action Return Code

I created a custom action (called Permissions) in my package which modifies the ACL on the installation directory of the application.I logged the installation of the package and found the following:MSI (s) (D8:EC) [10:59:30:172]: Doing action: Permis...

Application Catalog Database

I would like to use Microsoft SQL Express for the Application Catalog.Has anyone used this version of SQL for the Application Catalog database?BD