cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Creating an MST for AdminStudio

Hello,I'm trying to create an MST for InstallShield AdminStudio, however do not know the Property name it uses for the serial number. Does anyone know this by chance?Thanks in advance,Shannon Ma

CheckPoint SecureRemote NGX R60.598000191_1.msi

Has anyone had any luck distributing CheckPoint SecureRemote NGX R60.598000191_1.msi via SMS or ZENworks with elevated rights? I'm trying to push this package using ZENworks to machines where the users are locked down (members of the local users or p...

BCM4309 by Level 8
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

AS 6 VP1 inserting rogue Multi_SZ

Hi all, I have a capture (two part snapshot) where I have manually added the following registry key since it was missed:HKCR\Cortona.Client\shell\open\command\(default)This is to launch a 3-D viewer plugin for IE via file extension. The problem is t...

mupdike by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Missing shortcut error after repackage...

I'm using AdminStudio ver7.5 to repackage an application compiled with Wise and saved as .exe. After using the repackager to successfully build the package I get the following error after installing it onto a test system: Windows is searching for UNW...

marvinc by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting the initial state of a feature

How do I set the initial state of a feature in AdminStudio 11.5?I'm creating a transform where I want to change a feature that is set to not available to install on local drive? Or is there another way of getting the feature installed? The install i...

Newbie question regarding software repackagin

I just bought Adminstudio 7.0. Right after that I decided to create Winzip msi package:) I created msi package with repackaging wizard using snapshot method. After that I tried to install msi on machine which had earlier version of winzip installed. ...

An unknown error occurred

Iam getting the following error on compiling Hyperion Reports .irp to .ism can anyone help me"An unknown error occurredConversion completed with 0 warning(s)."I have unchecked the Replace files with merge module whenever possible in advanced settings...

jayaram by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Decompiling MSI

Hi,I have created an MSI with AdminStudio/Editor. However, I have accidently scrapped my ISM file :rolleyes: :eek: . Is there a way to take my MSI and extract the ISM and source files from it?Thanks

longprej by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Repackager forget files

Hello,I have some problesm withe Repackager from Admin Studio 7.0.Problem 1: I make a msi file by installation monitoring the installation. I build the package (all files included) and when I install the msi package on a pc he forget about 100 files ...

TemicNBG by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Repackaging ZENworks Legacy Files

We are currently evaluating AdminStudio 7.5 as we are about to move away from using ZENworks 4.0 and would like to be able to convert our applications from AXT/AOT files into MSI files.The problem I'm having is that when I convert AXT/AOT files that ...