cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing shortcut error after repackage...

I'm using AdminStudio ver7.5 to repackage an application compiled with Wise and saved as .exe. After using the repackager to successfully build the package I get the following error after installing it onto a test system:

Windows is searching for UNWISE.EXE. Search for the file yourself...

and then this window pops up:

Problem with Shortcut
The item 'UNWISE.EXE' that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly.

During the build I see the following message:

A non-advertised shortcut must be created for UNWISE.EXE in folder [ProgramMenuFolder] app. Autorepair cannot be enabled for this shortcut.

There's an Icon File in this folder but I'm not sure if it's the correct one for this file. Can someone provide direction on how best to resolve this?

Any responses are appreciated.
(2) Replies
You should delete any uninstall shortcut. By repackaging into MSI you will uninstall using the Windows Installer Engine. The repackager will actually automatically remove any shortcuts that contain the word "uninstall" in the name.
Thanks for the reply but the problem I'm seeing in AdminStudio is that I have what appears to be two shortcuts listed as:
[ProgramMenuFolder]
- AppName
- Shortcut - AppName
Description: AppName
Command: [ProgramFilesFolder]AppName\UNWISE.EXE /W2 "C:\Program Files\AppName\INSTALL.LOG"
Working Dir
Icon File: [ProgramFilesFolder]AppName\AppName.exe
Icon Index: 0

[StartupFolder]
- AppName
- Shortcut - AppName
Description: AppName
Command: [ProgramFilesFolder]AppName\AppName.exe NOBROWSER

If I exclude the folder with the unwise.exe file the shortcut doesn't appear in the Programs Folder. Am I missing something here?

tia