cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Adminstudio 6 Question (Start Menu)

HelloIm using adminstudio 6 and ive built a setup but id like the startmenu items to be like this : company / product name : is it possible to do this and if so how would i ? any starters would be appreciated.ThanksAnthony.

Missing language English(United States)

Folks,Environment: Adminstudio 7.0After downloading some redistributables (.net 1.1) today I ended up with the dreaded "The following languages will be disabled as they were included in this project but are not installed on this system: English(Unit...

Admin Studio Folder Permissions

Hi, I am new to Installshield, have used Wise Package studio for years.My question below pretains to security permissions that can be assigned within the msi.When locking a folder down in an msi package, will the security permissions apply to the su...

tteano by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

No Languages available / disabled ! Please HELP

Hi all,today i startet my AdminStudio 7.0 and then switched to the Editor.i wanted to create a new MSI-project, but after entering the project-name the following message appears:"The following languages will be disabled as they were included in this ...

Reinstall Adminstudio

Hi everybody,I need to reimage my PC where AdminStudio is installed. My problem is that I´m not sure if my serial number works afterwards because it is registered via internet. I read somewhere that the serial number should be freed up when deinstall...

Shortcuts for Computer Based installs

Can anyone help,I am installing a machine based install ( not user based )and I want the installer to create all the shortcuts in the msi for all new users to the computer.Any ideas ? :confused:

elgreco by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installshield gets stuck while building MSI

I am packaging MS Outlook 2003 and Visio 2003.There are 4500 and around 10000 registry entries for them.When I am trying to build the MSI, INstallshield gets stuck at the point where Registry entries are loaded and doesn't proceed with the building.T...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Do you use ConflictSolver ... why?

HiI've been using AdminStudio since its first release, and I've always wondered what ConflictSolver is for.It doesn't find many conflicts in my packages when they clearly are there and it incorrecly finds ones that are not there.I am wondering if the...

looeee by Level 8
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Uninstalling Not Working - Project Pro 2003

Got a strange problem here with Microsoft Project 2003 Pro On uninstall its looking for the original file that was used not the cached version. We get error 1306, this is using windows installer 2. If we rename the cache file to the file its looking ...

ntfs security and repair

I created a pkg which gets installed with elevated privileges (through SMS). This fell into repair for a user with standard permissions ; meanwhile found the cause for this and fixed it).But: when user had this repair situation it failed because Win...