cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Repackager not capturing my installed .ini files

Hi all,Just started using the AdminStudio SMS Edition, but had a search round the forum without any luck.Used the Installation Monitoring method in the Repackaging Wizard to create an MSI. My setup program that I ran was just a very simple script to ...

Remove a Registry Value

I am brand new to Admin Studio. I've messed with it to modify MSI files, but now I've got to do something totally different. I need to create an MSI or EXE that will only remove a registry value. We're using SMS to distribute this registry change....

slaroche by Level 3
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

VMWare Repackaging Wizard not available

Hi,I am using AdminStudio 7 and VMWare 5 on XP Pro. In the Repackager app, Tools menu, VMWare Repackaging Wizard is greyed out.Virtual Machines.vmls does exist (at C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\VMware) and does not appear cor...

Arran_ by Level 3
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

VB Script Code

Hi All, Like to know which is the best site to get the VB Script Code, Which are generally used while repackaging an application..... Thanks a lot skj

Editor trying to open xml files

I've been using AdminStudio 7.5 for a few months now, and only since last Friday when I try to open Editor it attempts to open KnowledgeBase.xml and Webinars.xml. If I chose to open the files, it goes into a neverending loop, however if I chose to s...

mariusb by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reconfiguration after restart PC

Hello,I have a problem with a msi package build with AdminStudio 7.0.After the installation I start the app and it starts without a problem.Now I can start the app so often I would want and every time the app start without an error.After a reboot of ...

Registry Hives

Is there is a way to redirect the registry editing to a loaded hive, when installing a app when using WINPE?

Installation over the network

I am trying to create an msi that will install over our network using UNC. So far I have run the repackager in snapshot mode and created an irp. and then the .ism. When I try to create the .msi I don't see any choices for what we want. It seems Ad...

wtrmnky by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos