cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Creating Response Transform on Windows XP SP2

When you create a response transform on a machine which has Windows XP Service Pack 2, the newly created transform will have schema of "300". Doesn't matter what is the schema of the original MSI. The result is that the transform will fail on the mac...

CChong by Level 11 Flexeran
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating a Transform File for an EXE Installer package

There are numberous software titles that have been packaged in Windows Installer format, but they are with the extension 'EXE' instead of 'MSI'. Is there a difference here?I thought that Tuner was capable of creating MSTs for all packages in the Win...

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Isscript

I'm working on an application which is installing isscript..I have already added ISSETUPDRIVEN=1 property & removed the onchecksilent install custom action aswell .I don't want isscript to be the depedency for this application, How can i do that?Than...

Bug in repackager ??

Hello,I have Adminstudio 7, and I've found a strange thing when I convert from IRP to ISM.let me explain :in my irp, I have :C:.├───titi│.......└───tutu <== titifiles.txt└───toto│.......└───tutu <== totofiles.txtwhen I convert this IRP, the resu...

LaunchAppAndWait constants

Hi All-I am using a LaunchAppAndWait function in Installscript to launch a batch file at the end of a MSI setup and would like to launch it minimized or hidden. Example:LaunchAppAndWait ( szProgram, szCmdLine, LAAW_OPTION_MINIMIZED );The problem is,...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pb. of right replication with adminStudio v5.5

When i try to change the rights on a folder, this change is made only on the 1st folder. But the rights are not replicated on all the sub-folders.What should I do to have the rights applied on all the sub-directories with AdminStudio v5.5. ?Thanks

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Regkey Install Condition

I would like to create an install (launch) condition that evaluates if a Registry key exists or not.I cant seem to find a property for this type of evaluation. Does anyone know of such properties or alternatives?Thank you,Bruno D'Amico

Trying to Force Reboot

I have a captured installation that I want to force a reboot after installation. There is a schedule reboot in the Sequences, but the condition is ISSCHEDULEREBOOT. I have tried to add a forcereboot in the installation sequence just before the inst...

Multiple Step snapshot not working (help please)

Last week I've started working with AdminStudio 7 and cannot get the "multiple step" repackaging snapshot to work. The problem is that I'm not able to select the 2nd step option in the repackaging process. I've tried to use an Application Catalog but...

andre_s by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom action problem

Hi,I create a new MSI package.I want to create a custom action in VBS but it don't work (internal error during execution).This CA check if an exe file exist if this exe exist the package's installation have to arbort (roll back action).For example, t...

Oneel77 by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos