cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Mdac 2.0

i have an application that i need to repackage that installs mdac 2.0 as part of the setup process. is there any way that i can prevent the install of mdac 2.0. i do not want this version loaded on the clients.

Selfrepair without shortcuts

Hello!I´ve been packaging several applications that have no shortcuts at all, so I cannot use the typical advertised shortcut to launch the selfrepair.Some examples of this problem:- Add-ins for Office (templates...)- Runtimes ( Access runtime for ma...

Shemesu by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

License Reclaiming - AdminStudio

Since we must register AdminStudio on the pc on which it is installed, how can we reclaim the license when we have to rebuild the pc? Our rebuild process completely wipes out the drive and redistributes the Windows XP operating system and all our co...

Custom Action for Uninstall

I have made this MSI with 2 custom actions inside1 . InstallPrinter to install a local printer driver and 2: Remove Printer to remove the printer driver in case the MSI is to be uninstalled.The first one the installation part works fine but the last ...

sweede by Level 3
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Replace a file in an MSI

This seems like it should be an easy task but so far I am meeting with frustration. What I have is a package from Citrix for their 9.2 client. After updating some test machines from 9.1, I discovered that the 9.2 version broke the desktop shortcut ...

Greg_B by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating Transforms Using Tuner

Hey all.I'm fairly new at this, so please forgive me if i am asking something very simple.Like the subject says, i would like to create a transform (mainly a Response Transform), but the MSI that is in question is actually linked somehow to an EXE. W...

How do I get around a reboot

Problem:In our lab we have a program called DeepFreeze. This program freezes the computer so if anyone intalls software or makes any changes when the computer reboots it brings it back to its original state. I am trying to package C++ Builder 6 and c...

Unstallation Setup.exe

How do i uninstall the application?got the setup.exe build by installshield, what is the command line or there is anyother method to deal with this?

Microsoft SyncToy fails to install?

Downloaded the Microsoft SyncToy 1.2 straight from Microsoft. There really wasn't any modifications I needed to make... just simply place it in our app server and distribute over AD. However, it fails to install and I can't figure out why. Permiss...