cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

Only copying files

Hi,I'm new to software packaging, but have been playing with AdminStudio Zenworks edition.Some apps we use only require the data to be copied to the local system, and then a shortcut to be created (there is no installer), but when using the repackage...

daunce by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Update existing .msi package?

Ok, I'm sure you come across this scenario before:You use AdminStudio to create a software package, carefully crafting and debugging it. It runs perfect, and you use SMS and deploy it to 1000 desktops. Life is good. :cool: Soon after the software ...

mikesic by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

RemoveFile table : Trying to delete a file(not in package)

So, I tried to place a file into the table, that is not a part of my package.Attached is the screen shot of the table entries.I found a similar thread online that said to choose a component that would get uninstalled...not sure how that works exactly...

rgouette by Level 5
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using the repackager to convert setup.exe to an msi

I am trying to repackage an application that uses a setup.exe. What method can I use to provide automatic answers to 3 dialog boxes such as accepting the license agreement, typical install, and default install path, etc? I need to deploy the msi thro...

pg2190 by Level 2
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom Action doesn't work in Silent Installation

The custom actions in my msi don't work, when I do a silent mode installtion with /qb! .When I perform a repair in "add remove programs" after installation, the CA ist running. Same in normal installation.There are no questions to be answer during in...

qwertzy by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom Action shall stop installation

I use the following command in my CA to check the value of "a". If its >10 a message shall appear and the msi shall finish with rollback.If a>10 Then Msgbox "Installation stops now!" WScript.QuitEnd IfIn fact the message "Installation stops now!" ap...

qwertzy by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disabling upgrades

Hi,Can any one help me out in solving my problem i am left clueless .I have a msi with me and i need to create mst for it and incorporate some client specific standards.The msi oninstallation when we launch the shortcut a window appears asking for pr...

shanthi by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

EXE to MSI

I have a Windows self-installing executable that I need to convert into an msi to push via sms 2003. Is my only option to do a snapshot of this install using repackager or is there another way to create this msi installer? I am new to AdminStudio 7.5

brisimon by Level 3
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

packaging help website?

I sat through the demo of AdminStudio and they mentioned what looked to be a really great website where packagers had made comments on different software and what to look out for when packaging.Does any one know the website I'm talking about or can s...