cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WFMv4 Enterprise Server timeout

Is it possible to adjust the timeout period in the WFM v4 Enterprise Server Tab ?

Our engineers need to re-connect the catalog or restart the product due to HP Protect passwords and Windows authentication methods . . .

I would like to increase the timeout time period before inactivity logs you out.

Thanks.
(5) Replies
Ideas anyone ?
Hi Atlas,

This setting is in web.config--default is 20 minutes for forms authentication timeout--just change references to 20 or 19.5 to a higher value.

Also, you'll want to also adjust the Application Pool timeout for the default application pool in IIS to be the same or higher than the new value you're setting (or after 20 minutes of inactivity, the web app will shut down, you'll lose in-process session data, and get NullReferenceExceptions).
Hi Cary

Thanks for your reply.

I know you're talking about settings in IIS manager but having had a look around and not seen the things you mentioned, please could you specify where in IIS I can find these settings to change ?

Thanks 🙂
Atlas1 wrote:
Hi Cary

Thanks for your reply.

I know you're talking about settings in IIS manager but having had a look around and not seen the things you mentioned, please could you specify where in IIS I can find these settings to change ?

Thanks 🙂

Hi again, Atlas,

The first set of settings are actually in the following file:

[AdminStudioEnterpriseFolder]wwwroot\web.config

By default, this should be something like C:\AdminStudioEnterprise\wwwroot\, but you were allowed to specify the installation location, so it may be elsewhere for you.

Web.config is an XML file that contains all the settings such as the Database Server, Catalog name, timeout settings, etc. There's some documentation available for this in the Enterprise Server help topic 'Configuration File: Web.config'.

In case you're wondering, the inline help for AES is available via a link in the upper-right corner when you're logged in (it's easy to miss, though).

Regarding the other setting--the application pool timeout--this is indeed in the IIS Manager. I apologize if I wasn't too specific before. You'll get there by right clicking on the Default Application Pool -> Properties -> Performance -> Idle Timeout.

Hope this helps.
Thanks Cary I'll check this out.

No probs about not being specific before - i know sometimes its a case of 'get the answer down' rather than issue step by step idiot guides 😉

Thanks for the info.