cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Scripts do not create AMS_xyz SQL tables on install

Can anyone help ?

I am installing AES and WFM for AdminStudio v8.6.

I have run a successful pilot on AdminStudio v8.0 so I have a proven and documented install routine. The credentials used during installation and reuired permissions have already been proven to be correct and sufficient with the v8.0 pilot.

Both previously and currently, I have an application catalog (SQL database with all my apps in it but this is NOT a AES/WFM SQL database) which I specify as my SQL database during the installation.

In the v8.0 Pilot, this database schema was upgraded by SQL scripts to include the required AES and WFM SQL tables.

However, this time round, when the install starts to run the SQL scripts which create these tables (AMS_System_Schema.SQL and one other), the scripts fail to run and do not create the AES and WFM SQL tables, which results in an error reported as :

"Error saving system user -[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Invalid object name "AMS_SYSTEMUSER"

This reported error is absolutely correct to report this as when you open the database in SQL Enterprise Manager, you can see that the SQL table "AMS_SYSTEMUSER" has not been created.

Neither have any of the other AES or WFM SQL tables.

So, the script which runs and generates this error is trying to write values to an SQL table which doesn't exist yet.

The question would be :

Why have the SQL scripts which create these tables failed to run ?

Ideas anyone ?
(2) Replies
Hi Atlas,

When stepping through the installation wizard, did you select, "Create Enterprise Server Database" on the screen with four checkboxes? This is what controls the execution of these scripts.

If so, then some other issue sounds like it's present.
Hi Cary

Yes I did select that but the scripts did not initiate.

However, I have since got round it by not selecting that and then completing the install and connecting the product to the databse manually - at which point the scripts did initiate and upgrade the schema.

Thanks.