Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visio 2000 Technical Edition [Repackaging]

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Hi Community 🙂

I'm tired.. because i'm trying the last 3 Days to repackage Visio 2000 Technical Edition. But afterthe Installation of Visio 2000 (Package) at a other System Visio crashes with a Runtime Error. Anyone know's how i can avoid this problem ?

best Regards

Christian
(3) Replies
Are you saying that if you installed your package on the same workstation you repackaged on the application functions properly?

Perform a search in your package for the [Computername]
Christian

As far as I remember, Visio 2000 is already an MSI, and so cannot be repackaged. Microsoft apps tend to interact with Windows Installer, and so if you change any of the Component Codes, Feature names, etc., it will not work.

If you want to create a customised installation, you should create transforms using InstallShield Tuner, or Orca but if a package is already an MSI, repackaging it will oftem cause the app to fall over.

looeee
Technically repackaging an MSI package is not impossible though it is not always preferred. I do remember successfully repackaging it with Winstall LE, you may want to try that if you're not able to get by the EULA agreement.