cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from AdminStudio 9.0 to 10.0 - Documentation needed

Hi there,

Could you please provide me links with complete documentation for upgrading an entire AdminStudio 9.0 environment (including AES) to version 10.0?

Thanks,
Zach
(5) Replies
Alpesh
By
Flexera Alumni
Hi Zach,

Please refer to this page. You should find the required documents --> http://www.flexerasoftware.com/products/adminstudio/resources.htm.

Thanks!
I'm trying desperately to find out how to upgrade an existing AdminStudio 9.0 environment (including the AES server, the Web portal, and the clients) to AdminStudio 10.0.

All documentation I read is geared towards a fresh installation, not an upgrade. I need to know how to upgrade to 10.0 and if that's possible.

Can I just get on my AES server and kick off the AES.exe for 10.0 and let it upgrade, so it maintains all of my settings and Web Portal connectivity? Or do I need to uninstall all 9.0 stuff and start from scratch?
Taka Taka Mu Ta wrote:
Can I just get on my AES server and kick off the AES.exe for 10.0 and let it upgrade, so it maintains all of my settings and Web Portal connectivity? Or do I need to uninstall all 9.0 stuff and start from scratch?

Yes, this is ideally what should happen if you run AES.exe. I generally recommend backing up your database and wwwroot folder before the upgrade, though. Since customizations to certain files may be overwritten, if you've extended the web server functionality in some fashion (custom pages, changed image resources, etc.)
Okay, so I tried just running AES.exe and it installed two prerequisites that it needed (.Net 3.5 SP1 and Report Viewer). Then it prompted me with a Welcome Window stating:

"The InstallShield(R) Wizard has detected an existing version of AdminStudio Web Server: AdminStudio Web Server 9.0
If you continue with this installation, this version of AdminStudio Web Server will be upgraded to Version 10.0."

I click Next on this window, and up pops another window stating:

"Unfortunately, the application Web site IP address and system user information were not all found in the existing portal web.config file. Please verify that these settings exist in the existing portal web.config file. If there isn't an existing portal web.config file because previously the application files feature was not installed, then please uninstall portal, and restart the setup."

I'm not certain how to continue past this. I'm pretty sure we have a portal setup and I looked at the web.config file found in the portalroot folder and it contains information. Thoughts?
Are you actually using the portal? If not, then the low road might be to run the AES 9.0 set in Maintenance mode and remove the Portal feature before doing the upgrade.

If you actually are using the portal, I might suggest checking the 'OriginServer' property in web.config to see what it's set to, and if that's the valid IP of the main application site.