cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCCM 2007 application import in to Application Manager

Hello,

I work for a company that at the moment is working with SCCM 2007 for distribution of MSI, Setup.exe and batch-file installations. We want to go from SCCM 2007 to SCCM 2012 and are looking and Adminstudio to help with converting of the applications.

We have installed an trail version of Adminstudio and have made connections with SCCM 2007 and SCCM 2012. Normal MSI en Setup.exe installation can be imported in to the Application Manager, but when we try to import an application that has an batch file, it can’t import it. The message “Sequence has not matching elemnent” is displayed.

Is it possible for Adminstudio to import this somehow?
Can Adminstudio import SCCM 2007 application that have multiple programs?

René
(3) Replies
Alpesh
By
Flexera Alumni
Hi,

It is not possible to import a batch file directly. However, you can convert the batch file into an msi using AAC, or you can wrap the batch file in a exe, and then import that exe.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!
Thanks Alpesh, this answers my question about batch files.
We wil have to change the applications that have batch files.

I still have the question if Adminstudio can import an package from SCCM 2007 that has multiple programs.
We now have packages in SCCM 2007 that are made up out of multiple programs.
These programs have the advanced setting that another program has to be run first and are linked to programs in that package.

We have tried to import this, but until now, only 1 program is imported into the application manager.
desktopteam wrote:
Thanks Alpesh, this answers my question about batch files.
We wil have to change the applications that have batch files.

I still have the question if Adminstudio can import an package from SCCM 2007 that has multiple programs.
We now have packages in SCCM 2007 that are made up out of multiple programs.
These programs have the advanced setting that another program has to be run first and are linked to programs in that package.

We have tried to import this, but until now, only 1 program is imported into the application manager.

have you tried

Package Conversion Manager?
http://blogs.technet.com/b/chrad/archive/2011/11/16/using-package-conversion-manager-pcms-fix-amp-convert-moving-manual-readiness-packages.aspx

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34605