cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roxio Easy CD Creator Basic 6

I'm having trouble building a .msi package for Roxio Easy CD Creator Basic 6. If anyone has gotten this to work please let me know anything special you had to do.

I'm trying to get this to work via GPO on Windows XP machines. The .msi that comes on the Roxio CD does not install properly. If I apply the 1033.mst, it installs buts gives a missing API error.

Making a package is slow, it is having trouble processing the registry entries.

Thanks.
Mike
mike.basinger@library.utah.edu
(6) Replies
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Hehe had similar problems with easy CD creator.... got it to work eventually with a GPO - can't remember excactly how - I think I merged the 1033.mst with the msi then ran the turner to select the options I wanted to install.

Have a look on appdeploy.com as it has other peoples accounts of trying to install s/w
Originally posted by Murray Baxter
Hehe had similar problems with easy CD creator.... got it to work eventually with a GPO - can't remember excactly how - I think I merged the 1033.mst with the msi then ran the turner to select the options I wanted to install.

Have a look on appdeploy.com as it has other peoples accounts of trying to install s/w

I got it working but did have problems with two API. I had to register them manually with regsvr32.

Mike
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
* You can include them in the self regtable (not reccommended)
* Msiexec.exe has a command line option to register api's
* You can capture the effect of the registration and include this in a transform

Good luck!
I'm transforming this just now and the original MSI comes with thousands of validation warnings and errors. Large numbers of errors and warnings can create problems with GPO (there is an MS KB on it if you serach hard enough). So that might be something to look at.
Originally posted by DavidLock
I'm transforming this just now and the original MSI comes with thousands of validation warnings and errors. Large numbers of errors and warnings can create problems with GPO (there is an MS KB on it if you serach hard enough). So that might be something to look at.

I'm working on transforming this now, quite a challenge I would say :eek:

It installs nicely, but advertising is not working the way I want it to. Anyone got advertising to work correctly?

David - Did you manage to distribute it though GPO eventually?

Has anyone managed to transform this msi to an acceptable, working level? Any tips/ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Patrik
When I did the transform we deployed via SMS...if there are problems with GPO then I think digging in and trying to sort out the validation errors would be a first step.