cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
We are running AS 11.5 SP2. This may pertain to Workflow Manager also.

Our workstation team has been using AdminStudio tools to create apps, but have not really used the full product. They are finally setting it up to help manage their products. We ran into some issues that I was able to resolve and wanted to pass the fixes along.

When we try to run a report from within Enterprise Server we were getting a missing file error in the web app. "WFM_MSIReport.rdlc" is missing. Since we also have a version 10 server in QA I went there and found three report definition files that are missing in 11.0 and 11.5 that I was able to copy over to resolve. Once this was fixed we ran into a second error:

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Control 'ScriptManager1' of type 'ScriptManager' must be placed inside a form tag with runat=server.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Control 'ScriptManager1' of type 'ScriptManager' must be placed inside a form tag with runat=server.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Control 'ScriptManager1' of type 'ScriptManager' must be placed inside a form tag with runat=server.]
System.Web.UI.Page.VerifyRenderingInServerForm(Control control) +9049264
System.Web.UI.PageWrapper.System.Web.UI.IPage.VerifyRenderingInServerForm(Control control) +15
System.Web.UI.PageRequestManager.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +29
System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +110
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +27
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +100
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +25
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +208
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +8
System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +29
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +27
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +100
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +25
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3060

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

--->

Searching through the PackageReport.aspx file in wwwroot\ReportCenter I noticed the following:

The asp tag must be INSIDE the form tag. Switching places like this resolves the issue:

I thought I would pass this info along so anyone else having this error can more easily solve it. Hope it helps.
(1) Reply
SRGould41 wrote:
We are running AS 11.5 SP2. This may pertain to Workflow Manager also.
When we try to run a report from within Enterprise Server we were getting a missing file error in the web app. "WFM_MSIReport.rdlc" is missing.

Yes, this issue impacts both AdminStudio Enterprise Server 11.0/11.5 and Workflow Manager 6.0/6.5. There is a knowledge base article that describes the problem and includes a link to a hotfix containing the 3 missing .RDLC files and the updated copy of PackageReport.aspx:
http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=Q211340