cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
:confused: Looking for documentation, books, anything that will help with repacking. Any ideas ?
(6) Replies
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Michelle:

What kind of information are you looking for? Concepts, specifics, how to perform repackaging using AdminStudio? Or are you looking for some other type of information?

Please let me know - I'll be more than happy to provide any information I have on the subject.

-Eric
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
When using repackage tool, and you have the msi created, when the msi is launched to test receive a splash screen to click next. We do not want the splash screen to appear. How do we get rid of the splash screen or any further prompts?
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Do you want to run the entire MSI installation without any user interaction (silently)?

You can use the command line:

msiexec /i /qn

to kick off the installation of the file, and it shouldn't display any user interface.

Or did I miss the point of the question?

-Eric
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I believe that is the point. Will let you know the outcome. Thank you so much for you help. I am sure I will be back for more !
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Hi Eric,
Could you suggest some good resources to learn install shield AdminStudio 5.0.
I have just been given the tasks to learn this application to repackage softeware for XP and to eventually custom add some VB customizations to them. I know nothing about adminStudio and need to learn it asap. Can you direct me to some good step by step tutorials or material relating to such? I would also like some resource material on vb customizations with admin studio.
Sincerely,
Derrick
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Well, the online documentation is definitely the first place you should start. Beyond that, Bob Baker and Robert Dickau have written a book which has a lot of AdminStudio information in it: Administrator's Introduction to Application Repackaging and Software Deployment Using Windows Installer. It, along with other publications, are available at the InstallShield Press site (http://www.installshield.com/ispress/).