Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repackaging Questions

SonnyLee
By Level 3 Flexeran
Level 3 Flexeran

Hi, 

My former AdminStudio customer who is going through the evaluation asked for help regarding the two applications attached.

"There are two applications that I am attempting to repackage and have not been successful so far. Both applications go pretty deep into the operating system. I have already tried to look for the specific codes for these errors in MSI View on knowledge articles but was not able to find a solution there."

Thanks,

Sonny

(1) Reply

The first application errors appears to be related to a character set that's not supported without enabling UTF-8 encoding on the MSI in the InstallShield Editor.

• Don’t build the MSI option in Repackager, only build the Editor (.ISM) project file
  • Open that Editor project with the InstallShield Editor
  • Go to:
    1. MEDIA > Releases
    2. Click on the release (likely Release1)
    3. Click on Build tab
    4. Select Build UTF-8 Database, change it to Yes

moconn_0-1594331318948.jpeg

The second error for the first application is likely related to this first error.

There is a limit to how long the file path in MSIs can be, at 260 characters (see more info here); this appears to be related to the second application error message. The path should be modified, if possible, to a shorter length.

Expert Flexeran on AdminStudio, Workflow Manager, and Software Vulnerability Manager / Research
If I've answered your question, please mark my response as "Accept as Solution" to help others find answers. Thanks!