Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repackager v5 chokes on our NT image

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Hello,

We currently package software using Tivoli (software package editor and autopack control center). When we perform snapshots with these tools, they pick up two entries "c:\winnt\?"... and of course those files don't exist, so we've always just pulled them out before building the software package block.

I'm trying to learn adminstudio's repackager and I am doing a multi-step snapshot... I perform the initial snapshot, install the application, then on the second snapshot it analyzes the system state changes, then it starts copying files to c:\packages... it goes all the way up to "c:\packages\windowsfolder\?" and gives me:

error copying file 'C:\PACKAGES\WINDOWSFOLDER\?'
Do you want to continue Y/N?

I answer Y, then it gives me:

Couldn't create temporary copy of 'C:\PACKAGES\WINDOWSFOLDER\?' Installation aborted.

All files following this don't get copied over... then it gives me the captured installation summary screen and *NOW* I can edit the captured files and registry entries to exclude those two '?' entries... but it's too late because it has already failed and any successive builds I do fail because all of the required files aren't there...

Thanks in advance,

Wayne
(3) Replies
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Anyone?
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Nevermind, figured it out myself. The question is worded backwards. If I answer no to 'do you want to continue?' then it continues... go figure.
You should check your Global Exclusions on the Repackager...it should be ignoring an unknown file like this. Otherwise add this variable to the Exclusion and this will prevent future errors.