cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repackager 2019 R2 SP1 - multiple error messages

Have just started working with AdminStudio and am testing the Repackager (2019 Standalone Repackager R2 SP1). Installed the Repackager on a Windows 10 (build 1909) VM and also installed all the pre-reqs, rebooted, etc.

Wanted to try to repackage a relatively simple application first, so I arbitrarily picked Notepad++. Tried to repackage the 64-bit EXE.

Tried using Installation Monitoring, since that was the default, recommended option.

After the dialog indicating that Repackaging has begun, the following errors are thrown:

Error dialog 1:
Dialog box title: InstallMonitor 64bit Launcher
Dialog box message: LoadInjectionDriver failed. Error: 193

Error dialog 2:
Dialog box message: InjectLibrary32 failed. Error: 2

Error dialog 3:
Dialog box message: InjectLibrary64 failed. Error: 2

The process then continues to the Done screen ("Click Done when you are ready to complete the monitoring process").

Error dialog 4:
Dialog box message: UnInjectLibrary32 failed. Error: 2

Error dialog 5:
Dialog box message: UnInjectLibrary64 failed. Error: 2

Then I can click "Next" to get to the Summary screen, and I see there are 0 files and 0 registry entries, so it appears nothing is being captured.

Any ideas what is going wrong and what I can do to remediate? Thanks!

(1) Reply

Hello @DaleCooper 

We had not seen any such issues with the Standalone Repackager 2019 R2 SP1 during our QA phase. However, we again tried replicating this issue with Notepad++ on Windows 10 1909 in QA lab, repackaging was successful with no errors.

I am suspecting, it could be the machine on which you are repackaging. You could try these options:

1. Install Standalone Repackager on a different machine and try repackaging
  2. Repackaging with the latest Standalone Repackager (2020)
  3. Use the Repackager tool within AdminStudio for repackaging

If you continue to see the same errors, then I would recommend you to report a support case by navigating to Get Support -> Open New Case, for our support team to look further into your issue.

Thanks