cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repackager 2013 Build Error (ISDEV Error 5008)

I have recently performed a snapshot capture of a package I need to recreate that has around 20 separate programs. The capture is being done on a Windows 7 64-bit virtualized workstation. The capture seems to have worked, but when I choose to "Build" it through Repackager, it errors with "ISDEV Error -5008: intel64 or amd64 must be specified in the template of the summary." When I attempt to open the project using InstallShield 2013 but it says it cannot open the file and must be opened using Repackager. How do I fix this error using Repackager?

I have searched the Internet for help on this error but everything points to the InstallShield Template fix, but that is not an option.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
(1) Reply
okstate wrote:
When I attempt to open the project using InstallShield 2013 but it says it cannot open the file and must be opened using Repackager. How do I fix this error using Repackager?

It sounds like you tried to have InstallShield Editor open the Repackager project file (the .irp file) or perhaps the .inc file. Those files can only be used by Repackager. You need to find the .ism file that Repackager builds and have InstallShield Editor open that. Generally when I see the error you describe, it does not prevent Repackager from creating the .ism file. Once you locate and open the .ism file, go to the Installation Designer tab to the General Information view. Under the Summary Information Stream area you'll see Template Summary, which will probably be set to Intel;1033 (which indicates a 32-bit English package). You need to change it to x64;1033.