cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebooting with a msg box displayed...

hi all,
i have been asked to do the following in my new project that i have taken in-charge of.

1. Please find how you would reboot a machine through MSI after an application is installed using maybe a VB exe or vb script or even MSI itself but should display a message to the user with a counter running for a specified period of time.
2. Keeping in line with the first point the requirement will be this new exe that u would create should not show itself in the application tab of the task manager but dont mind if it is in process tab of the task manager.

now can anyone say me the function (DLL) file that is used by the "sdFinishReboot" function or the "RebootDialog" function??

if this can be done through vbscript, can anyone send in the vbscript???

or if anyone has the installshield script for this, can u send it to me and also give a brief note on how to implement in this tool. I m using Installshield Developer 9.

thanks in advance for ur suggestions and help.....:)
(1) Reply
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Yea, download AUTOIT (by Hidden Soft corporation)

You can create an .exe that will do exactly what you want.

Also, for Win2k and higher, there's a resource kit utility called shutdown.exe that will do exactly what you want, including the displayed number of seconds prior to a forced reboot....