cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question to AdminStudio "Workflow Templates"

Dear Community,

In AdminStudio 9.x i saw a interesting comment.

On a clean AdminStudio Installation, if you watch at the Workflow Templates you'll see in Point 2 (Repackage a Legacy Application) this comment :

- > "Confirm that AdminStudio is not installed on the repackaging system"

I am bit wondered about that - how is it possible to run the repackaging system without AdminStudio installed on that system ? Can you explain me that - or do i misapprehend ?

Thanks

Best regards

R.M.
(4) Replies
Hi Rob,

The answer is simple enough--the idea is to use the "Remote Repackaging Wizard", which is just sharing the Repackager folder from across the network and then running islc.exe. The 'Wizard' that we talk about in the help is just an installer that takes user inputs and creates shortcuts to the executables.

Hope this helps!
Thanks Cary so i just misapprehend that thing 😄

Another one.

I wanted to Repackage some Software (about 1.5G) and after the Monitoring Installation the Repackager never oppened. I tried it also with the Remote Repackager, but after the Software Monitoring the task is still running but the second window of the Repackager never oppens :S Its possible, that the Software size is a Problem as well ? In the Repackager process are 2 windows, the first one steps about monitoring und folders, and after the installation it popup normally a second window, with the added files, registry entries and shortcuts f.e - but that window never oppens.

whats the matter ?

Thank you
R.M
Hi Rob,

This sounds like a one-off kind of hang, I think. Very likely due to the size of the package.

Does it appear that the executable is actually consuming CPU time, or is it just doing nothing?

I might try a different image in the latter case to see if that makes the difference. The other approach is perhaps to see what it's doing with ProcessMon to see if that gives a clue as to what's gone wrong:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx
Hi Cary - thanks for your quick answers.

So the Process is still running in the background, just the window never pop up. The Process is running normally (about 50-70% utilization) so just the window seems to be the problem - or the size of the package is the problem, or both things 🙂 with all another applications it works just with that one it doesnt thatswhy.

Thank you for the link im going to try it now.

Best regards
Rob