cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package Feed Module General Questions

Hello,

Our security team may not allow us to download packages using the package feed module.  If that ends up being the case,

• Can we still use the package feed module to notify us when an update is available? 
  • Can we turn off the download part? 
  • Can we still get the install commands and configure an MST without downloading media?

Thank you!

(1) Solution

Hi @beXJA9Npyy -

You can still check application against the Backlog for new updates, but if you are licensed for the Package Feed Module there isn't an option to turn off the download capabilities (that would defeat the main purpose of the solution). Also, the silent installation command switches information and MST customization that Package Feed Module supports is only included with the download of the application package.

We'd be happy to have a discussion with your security team to determine what concerns they have and what security we have in place. We sell AdminStudio Package Feed Module to many enterprise that have rigorous security practises in place, so we welcome the discussion. Please reach out to us via Support, through your Account Manager if you have their information, or reach out via our Contact Us page and we'd be happy to help here!

Expert Flexeran on AdminStudio, Workflow Manager, and Software Vulnerability Manager / Research
If I've answered your question, please mark my response as "Accept as Solution" to help others find answers. Thanks!

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

Hi @beXJA9Npyy -

You can still check application against the Backlog for new updates, but if you are licensed for the Package Feed Module there isn't an option to turn off the download capabilities (that would defeat the main purpose of the solution). Also, the silent installation command switches information and MST customization that Package Feed Module supports is only included with the download of the application package.

We'd be happy to have a discussion with your security team to determine what concerns they have and what security we have in place. We sell AdminStudio Package Feed Module to many enterprise that have rigorous security practises in place, so we welcome the discussion. Please reach out to us via Support, through your Account Manager if you have their information, or reach out via our Contact Us page and we'd be happy to help here!

Expert Flexeran on AdminStudio, Workflow Manager, and Software Vulnerability Manager / Research
If I've answered your question, please mark my response as "Accept as Solution" to help others find answers. Thanks!

@moconn Thank you for your feedback.  If further discussion is needed, I will have them reach out to our AdminStudio account manager to setup a meeting.  When I submitted my request for PFM to our security team, I provided the Ensuring the Security of the Package Feed Module  documentation.  Hopefully it helps ease any of their concerns.  I will research more on the Backlog feature. 

Thank you again for your help and continued support!