cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSADK version in the adminstudio wrapper

I would like the Application Manager to use the latest PSADK version. If I try to update the files manually, the wrapper fails. Can anyone please suggest how to make any custom changes in the templates under the C:\Program Files (x86)\AdminStudio Shared\PowerShellTemplate location and how to ensure that Application Manager is updated to pick up the latest version of PSADK. It would be good if Flexera can keep updating to the the latest version of wrapper instead of having to do this manually.

(1) Solution

While we ship a template script for the wrapper within AdminStudio, the template script could be customized to meet your requirements. If you need to add any additional registry keys along with the installation of the package, then such customization can be easily achieved by making appropriate changes to the template script. After making and saving changes to the template script, all the future wrapping will pick up the template with these new changes. Please give me more details, if I have not understood your requirements correctly.

Appreciate your feedback!

Thanks 

View solution in original post

(4) Replies

The good news is, in the upcoming release of AdminStudio (AdminStudio 2020 R2), PSADTK will be updated to its latest version. We are in the early phase of the release and we don't have a date yet.

We have some internal references made within the product with the version of PSADTK that is shipped with the product. So, unfortunately, changing the files manually to the latest version will not work.

Thanks

Thanks. It would be really good if you can provide us options to customize the  tool. For Instance, I could put some  specific Audit Registry Keys which we use as a standard which would help in saving some time  to edit the wrapper again.  Combined with the package feed module, this would help us in  achieving complete package automation.

While we ship a template script for the wrapper within AdminStudio, the template script could be customized to meet your requirements. If you need to add any additional registry keys along with the installation of the package, then such customization can be easily achieved by making appropriate changes to the template script. After making and saving changes to the template script, all the future wrapping will pick up the template with these new changes. Please give me more details, if I have not understood your requirements correctly.

Appreciate your feedback!

Thanks 

Thanks. That ought to do the job. I thought that since the psadk version can't be updated, perhaps making changes to the template files also will no work. I will wait for the 2020 R2.