cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle 8i (8.1.7)

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I am having a bit of an issue repackaging Oracle 8i version 8.1.7. What I can do is do follow the steps piece for piece, then compile the package. Looked at the package structure it looks fine, everything is pointing to where it is supposed to be on the destination machine. When the package is run though, I get the following error:

Error 1918: Error install ODBC Driver Oracle ODBC Driver, ODBC Error12: Invalic Install Path.

Any ideas? The package looks correct, and the installation directory looks like it is pointing to the right place as well. An odd thing that does happen though is the bin directory fails to be created during the install, instead what is supposed to be put into the bin directory is dumped into system32.

Thank you for any help possible.

Daniel
(2) Replies
Daniel,

Thank you for your question. This seems to be a common problem, and in doing a search on Error 1918 in the forum, the common answer I seem to notice is to update your MDAC version. Some of the threads have also recommended updating to the latest version of Jet, I think that's available from the Microsoft web site.

Hope this helps.
Daniel, Odbc and Dsn entries are generally not created properly though the API. Alternatively, they can be created through registry entries. Refer to this post for details.

http://community.installshield.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=104522&highlight=odbc