cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'No language Support' error after installing Value Pack 2

I have been running InstallShield AdminStudio 3.5 Pro with Value Pack 1 for some time with no problems. I recently (foolishly as it turns out!) noticed the existence of VP 2 and installed it.

Since then I have been unable to open any project created by importing a repackager .inc file via Legacy Conversion Wizard.

The error message reported is "InstallShield Developer cannot open F:\Projects\CitrixWebClient.ism. You have no language support in your project. Please contact InstallShield technical support for more information".

I have seen the threads recording the workaround of running up Developer via the start menu or the AdminStudio wrapper to load a default language. Doesn't change a thing.

I have editted the .inc file language from '3081' (I presume this means English (Australian) which is our setting) to '1033' (US English). No change.

I have added an entry for 3081 into the HKLM\InstallShield\Developer\Languages key reading 'Installed'. No change.

Any suggestions? I'm really not keen on uninstalling and reinstalling the product. Is there any way of 'rolling back' VP2 as this seems to be the cause of my misfortune?

Regards,
Graham
(1) Reply
This is a known problem and has been resolved in the present version of the product. For a workaround, you will need to uninstall the current configuration and then reinstall the product and service pack. After completing the installation launch Developer from the AdminStudio Tools/wrapper before using the Legacy Conversion Wizard or doing repackaging conversion. This will load the required language support for your project.