cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate to new Server

We are going to be deploying SCCM 2007 in a few forest. We have been testing SCCM in a test forest for months now. We also have AdminStudio Enterprise in the test forest.

So now we want to try to migrate our packages, projects, templates, etc over to a new server in the production forest.

I have been hunting documentation and the support groups, but have not seen anything along this line yet.

Anyone know if this is supported? Is there documentation?

Thanks!

Steve
(2) Replies
Hi There,

This is indeed supported.

For the most part, migration of AES comes down to backing up and restoring the following:

--Web.config and/or the whole 'wwwroot' folder
--IIS Site configuration
--The SQL Database
--The file share referenced by web.config
--The respository you configured the catalog with

Other than this, most configuration lives inside the database. You'll just want to make sure that the new server lives on the same domain as the original server. While not always necessary, you might have things configured to require the machine to be on the same domain.

If you run into hiccups during this process, I recommend reaching out to our support team, as they are well versed in this sort of thing.

Hope this helps!
The servers are in different domains with no trusts. Guess I'd better call 🙂

Thanks!

Cary R wrote:
Hi There,

This is indeed supported.

For the most part, migration of AES comes down to backing up and restoring the following:

--Web.config and/or the whole 'wwwroot' folder
--IIS Site configuration
--The SQL Database
--The file share referenced by web.config
--The respository you configured the catalog with

Other than this, most configuration lives inside the database. You'll just want to make sure that the new server lives on the same domain as the original server. While not always necessary, you might have things configured to require the machine to be on the same domain.

If you run into hiccups during this process, I recommend reaching out to our support team, as they are well versed in this sort of thing.

Hope this helps!