cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge Modules Lcated on Network Share

I have run into an interesting problem.

I have all my Merge Modules located on a Network Share (\\Server\MergeModules) and I have set the path for my Merge Modules to the same directory.
Problem: Not all of the merge Modules display under redistrubutables.

Specifically all of the Crystal Reports Modules.
I only see 2 when working with a Project
Crystal Reports 8 ( \\Server\MergeModules\CrystalReports8.Msm)
Crystal Reports 8.5 \\Server\MergeModules\CrystalReports85.Msm

When working in Direct edit mode I don't even see these.

Has anyone run into this and knows whats up.

Does this have something to do with configurable Merge Module Objects???
(1) Reply
Pfeiffer,

Thanks for your question regarding merge modules. I ran a quick test on my machine, creating a merge module and then putting it on a network share, then trying to view it via the Redistributables. It seemed to work just fine for me.

A couple of things that you might want to look at are:

- Try putting \\Server\MergeModules under Merge Module Locations (All Users) from the Merge Module tab.
- Map a drive letter to \\Server\MergeModules, then use the drive letter under the Merge Module options

If all the Crystal Reports merge modules aren't in the same directory as the 8.0 and 8.5 MSMs then I would also try moving them to see if that makes any difference. Also, I'd try copying one of the "missing" MSMs into the C:\Program Files\InstallShield\AdminStudio\5.0\Developer\Modules\i386 directory and see if that makes any difference.

As an additional item to check, perhaps look into http://www.crystaldecisions.com/products/dev_zone for more information.

Hope this helps.