cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Added Merge modules showing as not installed

After copying downloaded merge modules into the shared network location "Merge Modules" folder, they are showing up as not installed but DO show the correct UNC path to the MSM's.

Is there an INI file or REG tweak which completes the "link" to enable Installshield 11.5 to "SEE" the newly copied merge modules ?

(We couldn't download them directly from our packaging environment as this has no internet connection, so these were downloaded from elsewhere and copied manually)
(4) Replies
Anyone got any ideas ?
If I recall correctly, trying to move the common merge modules causes strange behavior. Basically, to show as being 'downloaded', they have to be in their original location, and then have the network path added to the list of merge module folders.

If you get build errors, sometimes it's necessary to use the 'Browse for Module' option you get by right clicking in that view, and then it will use the network copy to build with.
Atlas1 wrote:
After copying downloaded merge modules into the shared network location "Merge Modules" folder, they are showing up as not installed but DO show the correct UNC path to the MSM's.

Is there an INI file or REG tweak which completes the "link" to enable Installshield 11.5 to "SEE" the newly copied merge modules ?

(We couldn't download them directly from our packaging environment as this has no internet connection, so these were downloaded from elsewhere and copied manually)

We have move all our merge modules (modified ones from MS since most of the originals are crap and the 100+ we created ourselves) to a directory on the server.
We point our AdminStudio with both locations (indvidual and central) to that location.

reg, Henno.
Thanks for your replies, however:

1/ I am not moving the original merge modules or changing their location.

2/ I am only attempting to add additional downloaded merge modules to the original location.

3/ The paths in Editor and Repackager are set to the original, correct location.

4/ The additional merge modules that have been copied to the original area are showing up as not installed, and although they DO display the correct UNC path to the module location, they do NOT list dependent files.

I just want to ADD the new downloaded MSM's to the original installation MSM's and have them display as "Installed" and show dependencies.

Thanks.