cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

path variable playing up?

In 3.0 I had no problems at all. However since i started using 3.5 I cannot get anything to work...If my repackaged source files are in D:\source\files the conversion wizard tries to repackage the files from D:\source\files\SOURCE\FILES\ what is going on?? I need to get a package out tomorrow..it worked fine under the evaluation copy, but noiw i have the full version it wont work at all!!!!!

I assume it is encoding a path variable at the end of the hard path, but i have told it not to use them and to take the path if one is stated..any ideas?
(4) Replies
We will look at this problem.

As a workaround, when converting a package, you can choose not to use Path variables and everything should work fine. If you ever wanted to use path variables for this project, you can open the project in Developer, Choose Project/Convert source paths menu item to converted hard coded paths to path variables.
Hi,

I spoke to a support guy over email a couple of days ago. he told me not to use envinroment variables at all under win xp and this worked. However i need to install in a mixed environment, so i need variables. some of our customers have program files in non standard locations..

So i think it is definately env vars. doing this. Hope this helps. guys name was Adam Curry i think. i have no problems as long as i use different names for the project, the install path and the initial path.
Can you please attach the INC or ISm file, and explain the problem with the actual variables that is causing the error?

Let me analyze the problem before coming up with solutions.
I didn't come up with a solution, your 30 day technical support did. I don't have any of the old files anymore as they didn't work. I am currently using only fixed paths, because that is what i was told to do by installshield. I will recreate the same package this week(using the env. vars.) and send you the new inc + ism files from that project. I have holiday for a week now, but i will try and do it today before i go.