cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdminStudio Forum

Forum Posts

PDFCreator wont' work

Hi allIn our firm we eval Adminstudio 8.0 cause with WININSTALL LE we were not very happy and now with encounter the following problem:after capturing and building the installation of the File "PDFCreator-0_9_3_GPLGhostscript.exe"(tried both methods ...

Need help with security/permissions

Hi...I've created a package that installs and runs fine as administrator but not as a regular user...In the build doc it specified directories and files that needed certain rights and I've done those and made sure that they get applied via a custom a...

irp taking more than 16hrs to build

I am working on MS Project 2003. I am trying to package the setup file. When i try to build the irp it is taking more than 16 hours and still not getting packaged. The build process is going on.....Can anyone suggest me why is it happening and what c...

Madhuri by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to integrate CAB files into an MSI file

Hi all,I am seriously stuck up wid a problem...I have one MSI and one MST file in my project. Now when i run these from command line it says few .dll's missing (FILE\ViRead.dll etc...)which are actually within a folder named FILE. Now when i put FILE...

Creating an Entry Point

Hey guys I'm trying to get my repackaged (setup capture) app to self repair without adverstising the shortcut. I believe that I need to create an entry point and that the entry points are :An entry point can be: - an advertised shortcut - a line in a...

Mapping drives in .msi files

Is it possible to get InstallShield to map a drive?I have a program that sits on the network and runs from it, however, it's really old and won't recognise UNC paths in the shortcut to the .exe.I want InstallShield to map a drive, then create a short...

Setup.ini and Transform

Newbie question about creating transform. A lot of the software we get from vendors have a Setup.exe and an MSI. I also usually see a setup.ini. Inside the setup.ini I usually see it calling the msi file and it also maybe doing various other thinks a...

MrMagoo by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

AdminStudio8 Internal Build Error 6006

Hello I have a problem when I build a package. I get the "Internal Build error 6006'.On the macrovision web page http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q109605 I get the answer how i can dissolve the problem. I saved the project in th...

Uninstallation Problem!

Hello friends,Application Name: JREVersion: JREv1.5.0_09Preformat: exeConverted to: msiAfter creating the .msi file successfully of JREv1.5.0_09, I install it. Everything works fine. But,when i uninstall it, the "JavaControlPanel" Icon still remains ...

MSI, Windows Service & Repakager...

Dear all,Using the demo version of AdminStudio I try to repackage a software to convert it as a MSI file.... The original EXE file install a windows service. But by using 2 methods (snapshot & monitoring) Adminstudio is not able to find out the servi...