cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
We are getting a lot of vendor apps which use the iscript.msi first. Is there any way to remove this necessity so we don't have to install both msi's when putting the application through SMS. Is there a way to put a transform on this, or Direct Edit the msi so that it doesn't need the isscript code?

Thanks.
(2) Replies
Hi,

Some vendor provided MSI packages may insist on being run from a setup.exe. This is to ensure that the latest version of InstallShield Script is present on the system. This too is an MSI, so deploy it separately and then make the following changes via a transform (MST) to stop the MSI from checking to see if it was run from its setup.exe file...

1) Add the property ISSETUPDRIVEN to the property table via the Direct Editor and give it a value of 1.

2) Add a condition to the "OnCheckSilentInstall" custom action in the InstallExecuteSequence via the Direct Editor that will always resolve to false or remove the custom action from the sequence.

Regards

Mike.
Hi,

I referred your article on removing the ISSCRIPT.MSI from the vendor MSI.
I added the public property ISSETUPDRIVEN and kept its value to 1.
However the vendor MSI do not have the custom action "OnCheckSilentInstall" hence I didn't included in my modified MSI.

Still I am getting the error, which asks me to install Isscript before proceeding the installation. Please can you assist me?

-Neel