cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing AES

I am trying to get our initial install of AdminStudio Enterprise 9.5 done and am stuck trying to install AES. The Install AES button in the options area is greyed out. I've checked and I have a complete install done, and IIS is installed. Is there something else that needs to happen?
(4) Replies
Alpesh
By
Flexera Alumni
Hi,

The Install AES button will only be available on Server Operating systems. Also there is a known issue of the button staying disabled on Windows 2008 server machine. However, you should be able to launch the AES.exe from 'C:\Program Files\AdminStudio\9.5\Common' folder.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Alpesh
Thanks Alpesh. I am using Server 2008 so I was able to start the installation using aes.exe as you suggested. I now have an issue during the install:

1. I have started the installation
2. Selected "Typical"
3. Specified my IPs
4. Specified my database server and instance using windows authentication and specified a database name, "ASCatalog"
5. Specified a System Account

Then, when I click next I get the following error:

"Server not found. Verify that the specified server exists. The server name can not be empty."

If I try to browse for a user account I get "The list is empty" when trying to browse the domain/local machine and the above error if I browse for a username.
Alpesh
By
Flexera Alumni
Jacob,

It appears that vbscript custom actions are failing. Disable any anti-virus if it is running on the machine. Also check in the Windows script host is not corrupted.
You can also create a transform to not run these custom actions.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Alpesh
After some research, it appears people were getting the same errors with an action in install shield because the master browser service was stopped. I started the service and put in our WINS servers and was eventually able to get past that step. However, the install still fails. I'll open a ticket.