cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation on Roaming Profiles....

Is it possible to install a MSI package for roaming profiles? Just suppose i have a msi based setup package ABC and I have installed it for a domain user, say XYZ, on a machine. Now what I want is that if user XYZ logos on some other machine then he can access that application ABC. Also, No other user of domain can access the ABC application on the machine where it was installed originally.

Please let me know if this is possible...
(4) Replies
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I am also eager to know that.........
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
As far as I know, this is possible. But you must make sure that after the user launches the application, he/she logs off and let the roaming file update on the server
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
Thanks dear for showing your concern... However is it possible to roll out the applications from a machine, assigned to a particular group user if a member of another group logs in..
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I'm not too clear on what scenario you are describing. If you mean that one user from group A installs the application on machine A and you want a user from group B to be able to use that application on machine A, then * usually * you will need to have the user from group B install it again. This is because of user specific settings apart from the machine side. Of course if your machine does not have user specific settings then user from group B should have no trouble.

hth
Jackson