cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to get an evaluation copy.

Having spoken to various representatives in the UK it is not possible to get a trial version of AdminStudio Workflow manager.

I really think you should remove the evaluation link from your website as it is misleading as the only way you can evaluate it is for Macrovision to come on site to give you a demonstration, hardly a warts and all evaluation.

I have phoned and emailed dozens of times and its really frustrating!

It seems as if this product is being kept internal so the only people that can roll this product out is Macrovisions own consultants $$$.
(6) Replies
Edit: wrong place.

Anyway we got a copy from a consultand who demonstrated the product, but we where able to install it our selves.
you can download an eval copy of enterprise version off the website but will not get a chance to evaluate workflow manager until you have a valid serial number.
Jumped through hoops trying to get it, couldnt even download it in the UK never mind get serial.. you fill in the form and get an eager call back and then nothing..

As I said I have phoned and emailed dozens of times and the reason has to be because Macrovision want the consultancy and licensing fees.. rather than just the latter..
Tony_Toni_Tone wrote:
Jumped through hoops trying to get it, couldnt even download it in the UK never mind get serial.. you fill in the form and get an eager call back and then nothing..

As I said I have phoned and emailed dozens of times and the reason has to be because Macrovision want the consultancy and licensing fees.. rather than just the latter..

Aside of a product of Mancrovision, this may work:
Although the website is in Dutch, you may want to give their Uk partner Camwood a call to get a demo of Processmanager.
http://www.brainforce.nl/Default.aspx?tabid=84
http://www.camwood.com/index.shtml

Reg, Henno
I have used workflow manager and I have to say that there is a hell of a lot of work involved in setting it up and more so configuring it for your requirements. I presume that is the need for the engineer. I guess they are afraid you will dismiss it out of hand before knowing what it can do.

I personally dont like it. We had an engineer in and we even bought it. We asked if it could do a number of things and their response to most of it was that we can do it through the iPlugin module. Don't be fooled by this. What iPlugin actually is, is an unsupported experimental c# template that one of their engineers built for another company (some of which had that companie's details in it) that has an API hook into workflow manager. So when they say it can be done using iPlugin, what they mean is, you can write the c# code yourself!!!
Totally given up on looking at the product, I even passed some consultancy work their way due to the fact I couldnt even get site of the product and someone wanted to see it..

I am in the process of writing something myself that hooks into the conflict solver and sharepoint..

Will be advising any of my customer not to bother with a demo because of the closed nature of macrovison.. and I am waiting for a response from altris to ditch my copy of Adminstudio for a rebate on Packagestudio..