cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing merge modules into a transform

CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I'm new to installshield so hopefully this might be easy fix.
I'm using Admin studio 5.5. and i need to import merge modules into a transform. I tried importing the files and a message comes up asking if i wish to import the merge modules. I clicked yes however the merge modules still weren't imported. I also tried clicking the Redistributables tab and checking the check box of the merge modules i need sometimes this works and sometimes i get an error message "Cant import this merge module". However when i save the transform with the merge module inside, and then try to install it i get an error "error applying transforms. Verify that the specified paths are valid.
I'd appreciate any help anyone can give
(3) Replies
I have had similar bugs in Adminstudio 5.5 in regarding to creating / using transforms. You may want to open a support ticket with IS unless one of the IS support people respond to this thread.

Usually my bugs have been when I have tried using the transform supplied from a vendor. But if I create a new transform using the Tuner then I usually can get around the issue. Otherwise...against "Best Practices" I will directly apply my changes to the MSI.

Good Luck!
make sure the transform your improting into is closed when you try to import. Otherwise, worth going through mysupport on the website.
CChong
By Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran
I found out that this was a bug with installshield and they are working on a solution